Friday, August 1, 2014

Guilty

       Tonight, I am feeling guilty. Guilty about something I should not even have to worry about. This afternoon I forgot to give an insulin bolus for a sweet treat I consumed and did not realize until it was too late. This was my first time ever getting the above 600 mg/dl reading on my meter. And it is a moment and feeling I never want to experience again.
Yucky
        Immediately I blame myself. It is my responsibility to count carbs and bolus correctly. Diabetes must be on my radar at all times. But a human-being cannot remember everything. Mistakes will be made because nothing is perfect. I must control a function that my body should be able to control on it's own. And it's so HARD. That's the truth. I cannot let diabetes take over my life. These bad moments come for a reason, to remind me to get back on track. One bad day is not the end of the world, but it sure scared me and serves as a reminder that every moment is precious.
Tonight I am praying hard for a cure...
PS: The BG is back in range, and all is well :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment