Sunday, May 17, 2015

D-blog Week 2015- Making Connections

          This week I am participating in the 6th annual Diabetes Blog Week. Each day there is a designated prompt that is meant to advocate about the different issues surrounding diabetes. Today's topic is Continuing Connections.  The very first inspiration for Diabetes Blog Week was to help connect our blogging community, and that continues to be the most important reason it's held every year.  So let's help foster and continue those connections as we wrap up another D-blog Week.  Share a link to a new blog you've found or a new friend you've made.  Or pick a random blog off of the Participant's List, check it out and share it with us.  Let's take some time today to make new friends.

      This year was the first time I made it through the entire Diabetes Blog week. It is always difficult to find the time to write a blogpost 7 days in a row, but this year I was inspired. Each evening I would read more than 2 dozen blogposts written by T1D peers. Reading their words brought feelings of understanding and hope. I love being a part of the wonderful Diabetes Online Community. 

New Blogs I Discovered: 
  • Heather of Unexpected Blues- Heather's blogposts have a wonderful flow of wisdom combined with a sense of humor that really draws me in. I especially loved her vlog post on day 1 of D-blog week because sometimes you just have to be silly :). 
  • Molly of ASweetLife- I immediately felt connected to this blog because it is so nice to read the thoughts of a blogger who is the same age as me and writes about experiences that are similar to mine.
Longtime Favorites: 
  • Kerri of Six Until Me- Kerri is one of the main reasons why I began blogging. She inspired me from start with how blunt and raw her thoughts are. She has showed me that it is ok to talk about the difficulties of life with T1D and find humor in it every step along the way. 
  • Danica of Diabetic Danica- I love Danica's videos and watching them often cause me to both laugh and cry. She is not only hilarious but also extremely knowledgable. My favorite of her videos created for D-blog week was from day 4 about what should like to change about Diabetes, as I share many of the same thoughts. 
  • Karen of Bitter~Sweet- I would like to thank Karen for once again organizing this amazing event. I cannot imagine how much time and energy this takes. I know we all appreciate her hard work. 
Here are more Continuing Connections - Sunday 5/17 posts.

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate all Karen's hard work too! : ) Bless her, she'll be resting tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete