Friday, May 16, 2014

D life Hacks #DBlogWeek



Diabetes Blog Week day 5: Share the (non-medical) tips and tricks that help you in the day-to-day management of diabetes.  Tell us everything from clothing modifications, serving size/carb counting tricks to the tried and true Dexcom-in-a-glass trick or the “secret” to turning on a Medtronic pump’s backlight when not on the home-screen (scroll to the bottom of this post). Please remember to give non-medical advice only! (Thank you Rachel of Probably Rachel and Kelley of Below Seven for this topic suggestion.)
            There are many different methods I have come up with to cleverly deal with the big D: 
Care Kit: 
Diabetes is NOT a cute disease by any means, but my stuff deserves to be. I have always used Vera Bradley cosmetic bags to carry my D supplies. They are not only adorable, but have great pockets and the cosmetic bags are lined with plastic to easily clean up any messes. I currently use the Grand Cosmetic
Pump Pouches
As a female, I have always looked for a discrete yet functional way to store my pump, since I do not like pockets and I know I would break a pump clip in a hot second. Then I found Too Sweet Boutique
and I was sold. My collection is quite extensive ;) 

I do not have many life hacks, but my only advice is to not take yourself too seriously. Diabetes is such a hard disease, I like to find cute, fnny, and functional items to help make the D-life a little sweeter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment