Saturday, September 20, 2014

A 24-hour walk with D

       

             I recently joined the Walk with Diabetes campaign to give people a chance to virtually walk in the shoes of a person with Diabetes. I decided to document 24 hours of all my thoughts related to D. Unsurprisingly the day I selected was a rough one, but I think it was a good representation of the unpredictability of this disease. Here is a glimpse into my day...
           By this point, I was finished with D for the night. It had managed to dampen my spirit and left me feeling defeated for the day. Then I got this tweet... 
           I instantly felt ok again. I was reminded that having a rough day is normal, as sucky as it may be. Rough days are usually few and far between, but they hit you like a ton of bricks. There is nothing you can do about it but take a deep breath and move on. Tomorrow will always be better, tomorrow is another battle. A battle we can win together. Diabuddies unite for life. 





No comments:

Post a Comment