Saturday, May 16, 2015

D-blog Week 2015- Favorites & Motivations

              This week I am participating in the 6th annual Diabetes Blog Week. Each day there is a designated prompt that is meant to advocate about the different issues surrounding diabetes. Today’s topic is Favorites and Motivations.  If you have been blogging for a while, what is your favorite sentence or blog post that you have ever written?  Is it diabetes related or just life related?  If you are a new blogger and don't have a favorite yet, tell us what motivated you to start sharing your story by writing a blog?  (Thank you Laddie of Test Guess and Go for suggesting this topic.)

       
I have been in the blogging world for about 3 years. I was first motivated to begin blogging because I had found such hope in reading the blogs of others and felt inspired to share my perspective of being diagnosed in my late teenage years, Since starting my blog, I have found that I am the most comfortable in writing about my own personal experiences living with Type 1 Diabetes as well as advocating and finding positivity in every situation. 
     My favorite post I have made on this blog was centered on not only T1D but also other chronic illnesses. In this post I asked for no judgment by stating " All of these diseases suck, but all the sufferers I know are so much more than their disease. They are HUMANS, they are FIGHTERS, and they LIVE LIFE WITH NO REGRETS. So please DO NOT JUDGE. Treat everyone with respect because we all live with something that has changed us. An invisible story that makes us who we are”. This blog entry was full of emotion and simply asked for the genreal public not to judge people who live life differently than they do. You can read my full post, An Invisible Story by clicking here

1 comment:

  1. Morgan! Soo happy to see you on the list for D Blog Week!! : ) Totally sharing your blog today for my Sunday post. Hugs! : )

    ReplyDelete