Tuesday, April 15, 2014

What it's like...

        I am very open about my T1D, sometimes I even talk about it too much. I usually announce when I am having an extreme high or low, so now many of my friends can recognize my symptoms. That is very comforting to know that they are watching out for me. Usually that's where their curiosity stops.
       But once in a while I find people who want to know more. They want to know what it is like. How I feel when I am high or low. I try my best to explain, but there really are no words. It is an out of body experience where you are no longer in control of your actions. But that description does not do the awful experience justice, you have to feel it for yourself. One day I simply told my friend, "I wish you had diabetes for just one day, so you can see how it feels". Her response: "me too, I want to know what it's like". And that is just what I needed to hear. Thank goodness for best friends <3

No comments:

Post a Comment